We are an independent, community-led news organization that informs and mobilizes Millennial and Gen Z residents in the Central Valley. Using visual storytelling and social media, we aim to give you the facts and context you need to take action. uSpark covers stories with a focus on how young people can — and do — transform the places we care about.
We do have values as an organization that informs our reporting, including:
- We deserve to live in healthy and safe neighborhoods.
- We deserve a voice in decisions that affect us.
- People of color and other marginalized groups deserve fair and accurate representation.
- Young people’s voices should be represented.
- Inform the public about avenues for civic engagement and community representation.
- Fact check the independent reporting we share.
- Cover topics, elections and politicians critically.
A special thank you to Aaron Frisby for providing photography for our website.